Sunday, September 13, 2009

Celebrate


This is a blog about Thomas WV and about my experience living here and about telling stories that shape tomorrow. The question that occupies my mind has to do with the story of Thomas and my story and all the stories that make up the very real and tangible thread of experience.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon celebrating a wedding with old friends. Many of whom have moved away from Tucker County to find work. They express to me a desire to come back here and live but worry that there are not jobs here to support them. I agree. Many of us who live here derive out incomes from a mixture of tasks, part time jobs and occasional commissions. I wonder if or how we can see this changing. I wish for my friends back.

I am committed to actualization in my life and believe in the potential of Thomas-Davis and Tucker County, WV and the world to initiate strategies that will transform and elevate the human experience. If Thomas has a seed I'm interested to see what grows when we water it.

No comments:

Post a Comment